By Joe Gallagher
Read Online or Download 365 Ways To Checkmate PDF
Similar chess books
Chess is the main enduring and common video game in historical past. the following, bestselling writer David Shenk chronicles its exciting saga, from historical Persia to medieval Europe to the dens of Benjamin Franklin and Norman Schwarzkopf. alongside the best way, he examines a unmarried mythical video game that happened in London in 1851 among masters of the time, and relays his personal makes an attempt to develop into as expert as his Polish ancestor Samuel Rosenthal, a nineteenth-century champion.
The Meran is a gap wealthy in either process and strategies, making it excellent for gamers looking to win with both color. It occupies a major position within the repertoires of a number of the world's best avid gamers, with Anand, Kramnik, Kasparov and Karpov on a regular basis taking one aspect or the opposite. The publication offers the main particular insurance up to now of the Meran, including numerous similar adaptations, and some of the Anti-Meran thoughts to be had to White.
As a chess participant, Aron Nimzowitsch (1886-1935) belonged to some of the best. In his top years the Latvian-born maestro used to be ranked 3rd on the earth at the back of Capablanca and Alekhine. His maximum successes have been first position in Dresden in 1926 (8½/9, one and a part issues prior to Alekhine) and Carlsbad 1929 (15/21, sooner than Capablanca, Spielmann and Rubinstein).
- Starting Out: Sicilian Grand Prix Attack
- Opening for White according to Anand 1.e4, Volume 3 (Repertoire Books)
- The Soviet Chess Conveyor
- Survival Guide for Chess Parents (Everyman Chess)
- Attacking with 1d4 (Everyman Chess)
- Chess Problem Gems by Eight Eminent American Composers
Extra resources for 365 Ways To Checkmate
That means he had better mate the white king quicldy. How did he do it? (Hint: see p. 131; solution: see p. 151) ~ Narciso Dublan - Chabanon fbi 1996 D • _ ~ ~ • •• _ ~~. ~. ~ ~ ~ ~ de Firmian - Hillarp Persson Copenhagen 1996 114 White to play The players are in the middle of a repetition and the logical conclusion would have been 1
156) IS7 White to play Black has just destroyed the white kingside with ... h7+ ~xh7 3 1fxf8. Was this good enough to keep White in the game? (Hint: see p. 133; solution: see p. 156) 61 62 365 WAYS TO CHECKMATE 158 White to play Black has just played ... lbxd3, forking the white queen and rook. Was this an oversight on White's part or had he planned some sneaky response? (Hint: see p. 133; solution: see p. 156) 159 Black to play White has an extra pawn but a pretty dismal position. He is just about defending against all Black's direct threats but it just takes one little shove to make the whole edifice come tumbling down.
Hint: see p. 132; solution: see p. 153) 139 Black to play White is a piece down but would have had reasonable hopes of saving such a position. He has just played fle7 attacking the d8rook. How did Black react to this menace? (Hint: see p. 132; solution: see p. 154) 365 56 WAYS TO CHECKMATE 140 Black to play White has just played liJc7-e6, forking the black queen and the g7 -bishop. How should Black react to this aggression? (Hint: see p. 132; solution: see p. 154) 141 White to play Over the last couple of years Etienne Bacrot has been challenging Joel Lautier for the honour of French no.