Packed with specialist guidance and recommendation, this is often the complex reference you must customise universal language runtime (CLR) purposes now—and as you progress to Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft visible Studio 2005. Microsoft application supervisor Steven Pratschner takes you contained in the workings of the CLR, displaying you ways it services, and the way to tailor its positive factors for the original standards of your program. You’ll pass from configuring easy startup parameters to controlling serious runtime notations—including how code is loaded into the method, how reminiscence is controlled, and whilst code is scheduled to run. locate the particular details and insights you need—and take complete good thing about the elevated flexibility and programmability of the CLR.
Discover how to:
- Write your individual CLR host—or customise the default host—to keep an eye on startup and shutdown
- Use software domain names and area managers to successfully isolate teams of assemblies
- Learn key thoughts for loading and customizing assemblies in extensible applications
- Extend and customise the Code entry defense (CAS) approach to aid shield your extensible program
- Unload a site with out leaking resources—and make code extra reliable—using secure handles, severe finalizers, and restricted execution regions
- Use the host safety characteristic for application-specific programming version constraints
- Create and deal with projects with customized schedulers and thread swimming pools
Covers Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Get code samples at the Web:
For details on code samples and procedure specifications, please see the Introduction.